It is your entrance or front door that most of the intruders generally target. Hence, it is very important to secure your front door. According to a recent survey, front doors are used for burglaries in more than 70% of the cases. The reason why the intruders target the entrance or front doors to make their entry is, they are easy to access. The following are some tips to make your front door more secure.
- Installing a peephole is one of the basic things to do to secure your front door. This may not help you when you are not at your home, but when you are at home, and it helps you see who is standing on the other side of the door. This means, you can decide whether to open your door or not. Most of the burglars and scammers avoid using the doors with peepholes because it might land them up on problems. In short, they always wanted to try the doors, which help them to execute their plan easily.
- Deadbolts are an inexpensive alternative that gives you a great bang for your dollars. In fact, they add good protection to your front door. No doubt, intruders cannot get into your home from the front doors by using the best quality deadbolts. Besides, they are available in different styles. Whichever style you choose, they can keep your home more secure.
- Check your front or entrance door, to understand whether it is in a good condition or not. If you find them weak or in a bad condition, you must replace them with a new door immediately. Choose the doors made up of strong materials always, for example, aluminum.
- A strike box is a little difficult to put on your door, but it adds an extra degree of security. Strike boxes are upgraded versions of original strike plates that are seen commonly on older doors. This means they provide more security than the strike plates.
- A faulty hinge makes the job of an intruder very easy. Just like other parts of your door, even the hinges deteriorate with time. Hence, homeowners should always perform regular checks, as this will help them in making the necessary adjustments. Most of the problems related to hinges can be fixed by hand, but if you find it not possible to repair then go for an upgrade.
There are plenty of stores online where you can find door locks, doorknobs, deadbolts, and other items at a very reasonable price. Besides, if you think that all of the stores which you find online offer top-quality products, you are mistaken. To avoid making mistakes when choosing the items to make your front door secure, read the customer reviews online. If you don’t have enough time to read the reviews online, visit the site accesshardware.com.
Make sure that you think twice before buying any item related to your front door, as it’s very crucial when it comes to your home’s security. Otherwise, you may end up choosing some cheap quality products.