Air-fried potatoes taste like oven-baked potatoes. Air-fried potatoes have crispier skin than traditional-fried potatoes. This method is great for anyone who likes crunchy potatoes with a smooth inside.
When serving baked potatoes, add sour cream, butter, cheese, and scallions. Whether you utilize toppings or not, you can turn them into a side dish, main dish, or ingredient in another recipe.
Which Is Better For Potatoes: The Air Fryer Or The Oven?
Air-baking potatoes produce crisp skins, which we like. When fried, the skins become crispier than when baked in the oven. Despite loving Instant Pot baked potatoes, we missed their crunchy skins.
Air fryer baked potato is also extremely simple to make. You only need to give them a quick wash and then pat them dry.
What Other Ingredients Does This Recipe For Baked Potatoes Require?
The essential components of the recipe don’t require a lot of ingredients. When you are prepared, you should have the following on hand:
- Russet or baked potato
- Oil or oil spray, as this will assist in giving the potatoes a crispy exterior.
- Sea salt
When the potatoes have finished cooking, you can top them with whatever toppings you like most. The following are some of the recommendations we have:
- Creme fraîche
- Chilli flakes or Red pepper flakes
What Kind Of Potatoes Should You Use For This Dish To Get The Best Results?
When we create baked potatoes, we look for russet potatoes or baking potatoes. They have the best skins for getting crispy when they are being cooked. Other types, like gold potatoes, don’t hold up as well.
Instructions For Preparing Potatoes To Be Fried In An Air Fryer
Select potatoes of comparable size to ensure an even cooking time. The majority of air fryers should have the capacity to fit between two and four items at once in a single layer. The next step is to properly wash the potatoes in order to remove any dirt or debris.
How To Create Baked Potatoes In An Air Fryer, Broken Down Into 4 Steps?
1. Apply oil and salt to the potatoes after they have been cleaned and dried.
2. After that, put them in the basket of the air fryer, set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and cook them for another 45 to 50 minutes, or until they are soft on the inside.
3. Next, remove the potatoes from the air fryer with care, and then make a slit across each one with a sharp knife.
4. Peel the potato carefully starting at the slit, taking care not to break it open all the way. After that, stir in the butter, sour cream, chives, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt. Alternately, you might add any garnishes, gravies, or sauces of your choice.
Advice On How To Perfect Your Baked Potatoes
When you are ready to cook a baked potato using an air fryer that has a superb taste, follow these easy tips:
- Do not neglect to coat them with an extremely thin layer of oil or cooking spray! The oil contributes to the skin being more crispy as it cooks.
- When placing the potatoes in the air fryer basket, make sure to do so with some breathing room between each individual potato. If necessary, you should cook them in batches.
- During the middle of the cooking process, you should carefully turn the potatoes so that they cook evenly.